It's Fall–and time to thank our members who have supported us through another great year and ask those who have not to join them. If you are a member of COMBA and IMBA, thank you! If not please join or renew as a COMBA member. Membership sustains our efforts to elevate the sport of mountain biking and ensure its rightful place on our public lands. A free IMBA membership is included and there are great prizes available if you join or renew before November 15th.
What has COMBA done to earn your support?
2015 is far from over, but is has already been a great year for mountain biking in Colorado. COMBA's volunteers donate thousands of hours each year to trail projects. Your membership supports and grows these efforts.
In Buffalo Creek...
- Following last year's grand opening of the Little Scraggy East Trail, COMBA volunteers have been busy with the construction of the Little Scraggy West Trail.
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife awarded the project $96,000 to help our volunteers complete the trail in 2016 with professional and youth corps assistance.
In Jefferson County Open Space Parks...
- In partnership with Friends of JCOS, we've logged over 600 volunteer hours in JCOS Parks this year.
- We are partnering with JCOS to improve trails, develop more trail and create better mountain bike experiences.
- We are also on the founding board of the first-ever mountain bike festival in JCOS parks, the inaugural 2016 Golden Giddyup!
In Denver and the metro area...
- Denver Parks and Recreation began construction on the Ruby Hill Bike Park--a project COMBA has served as both advocate and consultant since 2012.
- COMBA is the adopter of Segment 1 of the Colorado Trail
- All in addition to our work in Golden and Lakewood.
Perhaps the biggest news of 2015, Governor John Hickenlooper announced his intention to make Colorado the most bicycle friendly state in the nation with projects like 16 in 2016, the Colorado Pedals Project, and $100m for trails.
At the state level COMBA...
- Was appointed the newly created Colorado Department of Outdoor Recreation Industry's Outdoor Recreation Advisory Council to help guide Colorado's efforts.
- Represents mountain biking on the State Trails Committee
- And is a founding partner of Outdoor Alliance Colorado
Finally, our Women's and Beginner Rides, celebrations on Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day, National Public Lands Day, National Trails Day, and our Annual Meeting connect mountain bikers, both new and old, to a broader community of riders and stewardship volunteers.
Again thank you to our members and for those who need to renew or join, please join or renew as a COMBA member today.
There are great prizes if you join or renew in our Fall membership drive.
Up for grabs is a Ride Prize Pack valued at over $275. Items include:
- Camelbak Lobo or Magic Pack
- light system from Planet Bike
- tires from Michelin
- Headsweats hat
- DeFeet socks
- Kitsbow apparel
- Honey Stinger treats
- Plus, one grand prize winner will receive a two-night vacation stay for two at Mulberry Gap Mountain Bike Getaway (complete details).
But the real prize is being part of the tribe helping protect and promote the sport you love.
Executive Director, Colorado Mountain Bike Association