Join Tony Boone, Groundwork Denver and COMBA this weekend to help us repair and re-enforce some damaged areas on the Little Scraggy Trail at Buffalo Creek. We will be working from approximately 9am-4pm on both days and are in need of additional volunteers, no experience necessary. COMBA will provide all tools necessary. COMBA will also sponsor a light breakfast each day and dinner on Saturday, volunteers must pack their own lunch (details below). You can come up for one day, both days, or feel free to camp with us Fri or Sat night - the camping/staging area we are using, a large meadow along FS550, is free but has no facilities.
1. Approximate location is 24158-24244 Redskin Creek Road (FS550), Pine, CO 80470 (signs will be posted). To get there from Denver, take 285 west to Pine, then left on Hwy 126 (Pine Valley Rd) and go 15mi to FS550. Google map to location: https://goo.gl/maps/GzwmnfqYDwB2
2. Meeting time at the staging area is 9:00am each day to review trail repair plans for the day and tools talk. Light breakfast w/coffee, OJ and bagels/muffins provided.
3. We head out on the trail at 9:30am and should be back at the staging area around 4:00pm for burgers, brats and beer
4. Dress in sturdy work clothes including boots, long pants (recommended), work gloves, hat and sunglasses.
5. Remember to bring plenty of water, your own lunch, sunscreen and a pack to carry them in, we will eat lunch out on the trail.
Please contact James Kovaly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-845-0196 with any questions.